Collection of Information
We collect personal information about you in several ways, such as through our Sites and social media channels; through phone and fax contacts; through job applications and in connection with in-person recruitment; and in connection with our interactions with employees, clients and vendors. We may collect the following types of personal information (as permitted under local law):
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number);
- Username and password when you register on our Sites;
- Information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact;
- For existing employees and consultants using the mobile app, details concerning work performed for Dexian and its clients; and
- Other information you may provide to us, such as in surveys or through the “Contact Us” feature on our Sites.
In addition, if you are a consultant or job applicant and you apply for a position or create an account to apply for a position, we may collect the following types of personal information (as permitted under local law):
- Employment and education history;
- Language proficiencies and other work-related skills;
- Date of birth;
- Bank account information;
- Citizenship and work authorization status;
- Disabilities and health-related information;
- Results of drug tests and criminal and other background checks;
- Benefits information;
- Tax-related information;
- Information provided by references; and
- Information contained in your resume or C.V., information you provide regarding your career interests, and other information about your qualifications for employment.
- In addition, we may collect information you provide to us about other individuals, such as information related to emergency contacts.
Cookies and Web Beacons
When you visit our Sites, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information we may collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our Sites, dates and times of visits to our Sites and other usage statistics. A “cookie” is a file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and is used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we may obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. We link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting personal information using cookies or similar automated means.
How We Use Collected Information
We may use the information described above to perform the following activities (as permitted under local law):
- Providing workforce solutions and connecting people to work;
- Creating and managing online accounts;
- Processing payments;
- Managing our client and vendor relationships;
- Sending promotional materials, alerts regarding available positions and other communications;
- Responding to individuals’ inquiries;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business;
- Protecting against, identifying and seeking to prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
- Provide you with job opportunities and work;
- Provide HR services to you;
- Provide additional services to you, such as training;
- Assess your suitability as a job candidate and your qualifications for positions, including running background screens; and
- Perform data analytics, such as (i) analyzing our job candidate base; (ii) assessing individual performance and capabilities; (iii) identifying skill shortages; (iv) using information to match individuals and potential opportunities, and (v) analyzing pipeline data (trends regarding hiring practices).
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at or prior to the time of collection.
In addition, we may use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ use of our Sites; (ii) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users use our Sites; and (iii) managing our Sites and other aspects of our business. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
We also use third-party analytics services on our Sites. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze your use of our Sites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Sites.
How Long We Retain Personal Information
The length of time that we intend to retain each category of personal information will depend on a number of criteria, including (i) the length of time we are required to retain personal information in order to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and (ii) the length of time we may need to retain personal information in order to accomplish the business or commercial purpose(s) for which such personal information is collected, used or disclosed (as indicated in this Notice).
Information We Share
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request; and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Protection of Personal Information
Dexian maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the information we collect from you. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act, (“CPRA”), you have the right to
(i) access personal information which we may collect or retain about you;
(ii) request we disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request: the categories of personal information about you that we collected; the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected; the purpose for collecting personal information about you; the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed personal information about you and the categories of personal information that were disclosed (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the personal information about you; and the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you;
(iii) Request we correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
(iv) Request we delete personal information we collected from you, unless the CPRA recognizes an exception.
(v) Limit how your sensitive personal information is disclosed or shared with third parties, as defined in the CPRA.
(vi) Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CPRA.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests, in whole or in part, where exceptions under applicable law apply.
Subject to certain limitations, California residents may also ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact Dexian as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Linked Sites and Services
For your convenience and information, our Sites may provide links to third-party sites, apps and services that may be operated by companies not affiliated with Dexian whose information practices may be different than ours. These companies may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-Dexian sites, apps or services.
This Notice (including any addenda) may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices.
How To Contact Us
If you would like to exercise your rights as a California resident, or would like to contact us regarding your interactions with the Sites, please email us at [email protected].